If your home does not have a basement, or if it has a crawl space that you would like to change into a basement, Cedar Creek Contracting can safely ‘raise’ it and construct a new foundation and full basement. This renovation will double your living space, level the floors and considerably increase the value of your home.
How we raise a house to construct a new foundation and basement.
1. The house is detached from the existing foundation if there is one.
2. Steel beams are then inserted under the house to support it during the lift.
3. Hydraulic jacks are then used to slowly and evenly raise the house up — cribbing is inserted under the house to hold it safely.
4. A new foundation and walls are constructed.
5. The house is then slowly lowered onto the walls.
6. The house is then finished to the plan specifications.
This old house was built in 1875, a cottage built from anything the owner had on hand. By 1995 it was in very poor condition (probably should have been torn down). Nonetheless, Cedar Creek Contracting raised and renovated the house and garage. As evident in the after photo, they did a fabulous job.